DAY 3 - to my parents
Hi Mommy, hi daddy. I love you guys with all my heart. Sometimes, I scare myself, and ask what if this is the last time I’ll ever see you. I’ve gotten better, handling my temper. I don’t take it out on you anymore. I’ve written you a letter before, telling you everything I was thinking, but you never talked to me about it. You pretended like nothing ever happened. But I did want to talk. Sometimes you guys act so immature. I read in books and see in movies how parents treat their children at my age, you guys don’t do any of that. I don’t even know when the last time you guys said “I love you” to me. You guys treat me like an adult, but as a baby at the same time. I cook my own rice, I clean the house. I clean after your son, I make sure the doors are locked and the blinds are closed at night when you guys leave for Reno. But then you treat me as a 5 year old, you don’t let me out of the house, you don’t give me freedom. I understand you don’t want to let go, cos I’m your last baby. But please, let me grow up. Let me drive, let me get a job, let me live. I don’t argue all the time with you guys cos I know it hurts you. I remember the days at Heron Bay, having a room next to yours. I remember listening in on your talks, talking about how much all your kids don’t care about your feelings.
You two expect so much from me, but I’m never good enough. Or at least that’s how it feels. If I could help it, I don’t cry. I don’t let tears pass. Because I remember when you told me crying is a form or weakness, and I’m not weak.
Mommy, I care about you, your health, everything. Remember you made me a promise? That you’d quit smoking when I was 11? How old am I know? I know when you made that promise, Inang died the next day. I know the stress that was put on you. But please, please, can you stop? If you can’t do it for yourself, do it for out family? We can’t survive without you. I love you Ma.
Daddy, you’re the one who took care of me my whole life. You’ve taught me to be independent, opposite of who my brother is now. You’ve hit my brother and sister, to teach them though love. You didn’t do that to me, and I thank you. But doing that to them, honestly, made them smarter. You pushed them harder, and for that they’ve gotten better grades than me. Daddy, you worry me when you cough, when you say you feel sore, when you don’t look healthy. I love you Pa, thank you for everything.
Love,
Leslie
* Love Like Woe - The Ready Set
Hi Mommy, hi daddy. I love you guys with all my heart. Sometimes, I scare myself, and ask what if this is the last time I’ll ever see you. I’ve gotten better, handling my temper. I don’t take it out on you anymore. I’ve written you a letter before, telling you everything I was thinking, but you never talked to me about it. You pretended like nothing ever happened. But I did want to talk. Sometimes you guys act so immature. I read in books and see in movies how parents treat their children at my age, you guys don’t do any of that. I don’t even know when the last time you guys said “I love you” to me. You guys treat me like an adult, but as a baby at the same time. I cook my own rice, I clean the house. I clean after your son, I make sure the doors are locked and the blinds are closed at night when you guys leave for Reno. But then you treat me as a 5 year old, you don’t let me out of the house, you don’t give me freedom. I understand you don’t want to let go, cos I’m your last baby. But please, let me grow up. Let me drive, let me get a job, let me live. I don’t argue all the time with you guys cos I know it hurts you. I remember the days at Heron Bay, having a room next to yours. I remember listening in on your talks, talking about how much all your kids don’t care about your feelings.
You two expect so much from me, but I’m never good enough. Or at least that’s how it feels. If I could help it, I don’t cry. I don’t let tears pass. Because I remember when you told me crying is a form or weakness, and I’m not weak.
Mommy, I care about you, your health, everything. Remember you made me a promise? That you’d quit smoking when I was 11? How old am I know? I know when you made that promise, Inang died the next day. I know the stress that was put on you. But please, please, can you stop? If you can’t do it for yourself, do it for out family? We can’t survive without you. I love you Ma.
Daddy, you’re the one who took care of me my whole life. You’ve taught me to be independent, opposite of who my brother is now. You’ve hit my brother and sister, to teach them though love. You didn’t do that to me, and I thank you. But doing that to them, honestly, made them smarter. You pushed them harder, and for that they’ve gotten better grades than me. Daddy, you worry me when you cough, when you say you feel sore, when you don’t look healthy. I love you Pa, thank you for everything.
Love,
Leslie
* Love Like Woe - The Ready Set
No comments:
Post a Comment